Where I am Series (March Edition)
One of the major things I learnt this month is the power of
positivity and how it relieves us of so much stress. You see, I discovered that
we tend to spend too much time on worrying about the bad things that will
happen ( which might not happen anyways) instead of focusing on how to go about
them if they happen, and how to make sure that these negative thoughts do not
even come to reality. Negativity is a thief of time and energy! I’m sure that
by now you’re eager to know what actually occurred. Alright, let’s dive into
it!
To start with, let me tell you about my vulnerability
experience. In case you do not have a concise definition of what it means to be
vulnerable, it means being open to disclosing one’s inner thoughts and
feelings, acting in spite of one’s instinct to self-preservation. Being
vulnerable means the act of totally expressing oneself, leaving nothing
uncovered. So, I tend to be very independent and I must say that it has been
quite effective and, I have being able to make good use of it. I think this
attribute has made multi-tasking a walk-over for me really. Honestly, I cannot
figure out precisely what built up this attribute in me but, because I have had
mostly positive results by being independent and not asking for
help and, just
saying “everything is fine”, I have not had a cause to sit down and analyse
this part of me.
Growth and progress in age and the entirety of life actually picks out or points out some things in us, which can either be positive or negative. And, I think that is one of the reasons why a lot of people find adulthood to be quite difficult. As you progress in life, more responsibilities are dawned on you and, you will discover that you cannot do everything alone and by yourself and of course, everything is not fine. At the beginning of this month, I had so much work to do. A conference to plan for, lectures to attend, contents to create and so on. When I started to make a list of my goals for the month, I realized that it was so massive and I could feel a build-up of tension inside of me. So, at that point, the super-girl in me literally started to condense. I knew I had to be realistic and take the needful step of calling out for help. Now, you’ll be wondering how I got to go about it. That leads me to experience of the month.
One thing I am forever grateful for is the gift of men (family,
friends and mentors). I can be very sceptical about those in my inner circle.
Not for any reason other than impact. And
when I say impact, I mean all-round impact which includes spiritual, social,
academic and so on. And this even extends to how I pick out my team members.
When I had a list of my goals for the month and I realized that I could not do
it all on my own, I had to take the step of ascertaining tasks and asking my
friends and team members for help in whatever way they could. Trust me, they
came through! I’m sure you’re thinking that if I had not got so much on my
list, I would not have reached out for help. Well, I probably would but, the
outcome or result would not have been as effective as it is, now. Apart from
making “vibe” the prospect of your friend-making and circle-forming, think
about the day you’ll be deeply in need of help or advice.
If your friends can
not come through for you or impact your life then, there should be a reform. If
you have friends that cannot be a force
or propellant to progress, then you have to re-strategize. Analyse you circle
today! On the issue of circle, mentorship cannot be overemphasized. Who are you
accountable to? I had a project that was supposed to be released this month. Well,
my idea was not bad but, there was a more excellent and respectable way to
approaching and birthing the idea. No one is an island of knowledge. There are
people who are more experienced than you are. Do yourself the favour of being
accountable to them and let them guide you on your journey to success.
Lastly, I will like to say that I had enough rest this
month, compared to January and February. I have discovered that I make so much
plans to work and work and work! But, I do not plan to rest. I believe that
this boils down to the issue of balance and priority. This month I learnt that
being vulnerable and asking for help saves a whole lot of time and, I have more
time to rest. It is quite obvious that we find it hard to be effective when do
not have enough rest. Prior to this month, I used to have less than five hours
of sleep daily and do not be deceived, the outcomes where quite unbearable. I
can proudly say that I have been more effective and, I have been able to
balance every aspect of my life and as well, prioritize effectively. Even
though I have had so much to do this month compared to the other months, I have
been more productive.
The fact that I have had to worry less because I am being
independent, has boosted my level of positivity. How? The moment I had a list
of my goals, different thoughts started to run through my mind. The “what ifs”
started to come up from nowhere. If I had spent my time thinking about the
unrealistic outcomes of my congested list of activities for the month, I
probably would not have been so eager and motivated to even go on with the
plans not to talk of finding a solution. The fact that I was positive about the
whole “shebang” made me want find a solution and… here I am! The first step to
growth and progress is positivity, positive mind-set; it aids courage. And that
is what we do here. I can’t wait to hear from you all. How was the month for
you? What did you do differently? What did you learn from this post? And as
usual, do not forget to share this post and also, follow my blog. Let’s go face APRIL!



Comments
Post a Comment