WHERE I AM SERIES, APRIL (I TOOK A BREAK!)

 


At the beginning of this month, I made up my mind that I was going to be taking a break from a lot of activities and all, take a break from social media. I said, I was only going to create content and just chill. I felt stressed out and I knew I really needed to re-strategize. So, my plan was to journal so much all through the month, meditate, read books and sleep (lol).

As time went on, I discovered that I wasn't going to keep up with every I had stated. There were so many activities I had to do online. I had to be up to date with every information from my school, emails to be checked consistently because I was expecting a scholarship. A whole lot of things were happening at the same time. At that point I tried my best to create other plans for myself. I decided to take a break from several school, extra-curricular activities.

In summary, I spent more time meditating, reflecting and of course, journaling and re-strategizing. The whole process was amazing with the help of the Holy Spirit. Initially, I had a goal but, He unraveled a bigger one. I really just wanted to assess how the first 3 months of the year has been, my level of productivity and the things I should do better and, improve on.

One of the biggest lessons I learnt was that, many people get stuck and seem uncreative because they are so bothered about doing so many things and less bothered about how well they've done. It's just like studying for an exam without revising and making sure that you have fully understood and, can remember what you have read. Your level of productivity is not determined by how many things you get to do or how many activities you perform but, how effective your efforts have been and, the results and outcome of your labor.

Many times when you feel stuck, overwhelmed and even less productive, all you need is a break. Create time to assess yourself. Don't wait for someone to do that for you. You've got to be more serious and responsible. There is actually no excuse for irresponsibility. No one can, and should be more interested in your growth than you. Even when you tend to be getting so many things done, you still have to pause and learn. Yes, learning is very important. Taking a break is not an excuse to be lazy or a way of justifying irresponsibility. In fact, you should take break with a goal in mind.

I also discovered that there's a lesson to learn from everything we do. There are lessons embedded in every activity we engage ourselves in. All we have to do is open up our hearts, read a different meaning to life and give life another chance. Most times it takes a break to unravel a new dimension of ourselves. Do you feel stuck? Do you feel short of ideas? Do you feel stressed out? Take a break. Don't get too engrossed in life that, you lose yourself. Breathe in and out, and see every phase of life as an opportunity to build the capacity you need for the bigger phase ahead of you.


Honestly, I feel like I need to take another break. But this time, a more extensive and comprehensive one. You know, there's strength in quietness and serenity.

MAY, here we come, with a different perspective to our experiences. We believe that there's more to learn.

I believe you have learnt a thing or the other from this blog. Don't forget to share, like why should you hoard knowledge. Leave a comment as well. Let me know if you were impacted. Also, follow me so as to stay updated.

                                                                                                                                                       xoxo

                                                                                                                      

                                                               

Comments

Popular Posts