WHERE I AM SERIES(MAY EDITION)

 


5 down, 7 more months to go. I am most grateful to God for who I am, everything that has happened this month. Honestly, anything that could be tagged as an achievement this month, wouldn't have happened if the Holy Spirit wasn't there to hold my hands. I do not know what the month of May was like for you but, I implore you to be grateful for everything and anxious for nothing.

This month started off with me making up my mind to be more consistent. To journal consistently, study the Bible, pray,meditate and so many other things. If I am to rate myself at the moment, it would be a 70% for me. I believe I can do better anyways.

Our reasons for reflection should not be aimed majorly, at pointing out our weaknesses but, to prove that we have the ability to grow, no matter how little. Have you taken out time to reflect on all the things that happened this month? If you haven't, you've still got time to do so.

I was able able to achieve consistency by being intentional.If you want to grow, if you want to make progress, you have to be intentional. And, for you to be intentional, you must have strategic goals as well as strategic plans to achieve those goals.

The tips I'll like to share are:

1. Know what works for you.

    I work better in the morning. When I say morning, I mean very early in the morning. So, my plan wake up an hour and thirty minutes before my usual wake up time. Do not try to to go by somebody else's standard, create yours. Waking up very early gave me the opportunity to study my Bible, pray and meditate.

2. Be realistic.

    Sometimes, the problem is not that we do not create goals and make plans but we do not make plans that are strategic and realistic enough. You should make sure that the standards you set for yourself are the ones you can work with.

3. Be determined to make your plans work.

    There would be days when you,ll be tired too tired to work but, what keeps you going is determination. If music helps you to stay determined, go for it. Listening to music when I wake up helps me to rise up and stay motivated. 

My relationship with the Holy Spirit is the  another major highlight of this post and I can go on and on sharing the testimony of all my encounters. I began an intentional walk and relationship with God about 3 years ago and, I just wanted to please God. I did and still do not want to do anything contrary to God's will for me.

You see, I have come to realize that being vulnerable in your walk with God is as important at anything else. In as much as you're trying to please God, you have to be open before Him. We tend to forget that God knows us more that we do and than anybody else does. If you keep acting like a "saint" before God, you're not letting everything out and you're acting like everything is fine, you're deceiving yourself and creating more havoc for yourself.

We really need to break loose from being stereotypical in our walk with God. Know God for yourself! Stop forming "hard guy" for God. He knows you and He wants you to know Him and relate with Him. Begin with telling God everything. Pray about everything. There's nothing too big or too small to tell God. He is ready to listen and guide us. He will never ever, condemn us. Don't box God into doing something in a particular way because He did it for someone like that. You have to learn to be open minded and develop your intimacy with Christ.


No matter what you went through in May, be grateful. If there's anything you wish you did better, June is another opportunity for you to do better. Have strategic goals for the next month and, believe you can smash them.

You're amazing, strong and tenacious. You have the ability to be consistent and intentional. Jesus loves you and He is ready to have you the way you are.

Comments

Popular Posts