STOLEN CONFIDENCE

 


I remember when I used to soar...

Even when my wings were weightless, I attempted

An abrupt fall, stole it all

My back to the ground, the sky to my face!

            PAUSE!                             

I'm getting my confidence back!

Yes! I mean it this time!

Everyday I lay and search for a reason why I cannot live the life I have been predestined to live.

Why should I allow the opinion of others about the things I do and say, override mine.

Even when I'm right, why do I need an approval ?

I've come to realize that there's more to me loosing my happiness, many more people lose theirs because I've not been able to own up to mine.

 

Even if I fall, I'll attest to that fact, and look for the solution instead of wallowing in ignorance.

I refuse to be quiet when I don't understand something.

I refuse to be quiet when I'm misunderstood.

I'll use my voice to light up my world and that of everyone else.

Till we all grow to own up to the uniqueness of our falls and get our confidence back.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts