Showing Up For Yourself




 

Fam!  It’s been a hot minute in here… I have enjoyed my period of sinking in and growing into myself and, I am super sure it's high time I came back to pour back in this amazing colony. To be honest, I feel refreshed and charged at the same time.

One thing that really stood out for me during this break is the importance of showing up for yourself, as much as you would like to show up for others, the society, your family. This is absolutely not selfishness. As young visionaries who are growing into discovering ourselves and also, in the phase of having so much ideas, so many things to offer, the profound phrase “you cannot give what you do not have” cannot be overemphasized.

I love young people so much and, I enjoy seeing us grow. However, the inability to create a structure in our journey of discovery, is what gets us all worked up and tired, just at the very beginning of the race. No matter how strong we think we are, we have a "breaking limit". A period whereby we have “over-worked” ourselves and the only thing to do at that moment is to take a PAUSE.

"Showing up for yourself doesn’t slow you down, it only gets you back on track." 


The world demands that we show up consistently, profer solutions, pitch our ideas to the world but, we get so carried away that we forget our growth.

Stop getting yourself all worked-up, calm down, everything would definitely fall into place. Your growth matters, your health matters (physical, mental, social). Having said all these, there should be a BALANCE. 

The general importance of showing up for yourself is that you are able to maintain and, appreciate your growth process, as well as having more than enough to give back to the world and your sphere of influence.

"We should be a total package, shining in our minds and in the world."

"I love you so much and, all I need you to do is BLOOM AND, OWN YOUR JOURNEY, against all odds."


 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts