THIS IS ME

 


Few hours from now, I'll be turning 19 and, I am beyond hopeful and optimistic about what the new-year holds.

I have watched myself evolve. Recently, I took out some time to reflect and l must say that it was such an experience. Each day was unique in its own way, as I journeyed through one coast of emotion to another. In all, I am grateful to God; He holds it all together.

This girl right here has a DREAM! I am gradually letting go of my fears, accepting change and refusing to be sentimental about one phase of my life or the other. When God says it's enough, I simply pack my load and meuuuve...

Few days ago, I asked myself a question, "what would you do if you weren't afraid?" Trust me, I had a long list. I am gradually learning the difference between activity and productivity. Most times, we get so worked up because we find ourselves doing so much, but not so well.



I'm learning not to be vulnerable to those who won't help me grow. It's so easy to get familiar with certain people without realizing how much damage they are doing to us. I have had God remind me daily that, I am not alone. People come and go right? I got to understand this with an illustration of our journey in life, as one that is similar to travelling through a series of train tracks. One track for everyone on earth.

On our journey, we get to meet people, we learn and unlearn, we overtake some people, some are faster than us, we get applauded, we get discouraged. One thing that is for sure is that we do not start and end our journey with the same set of people in our lives. However, there are some God-ordained relationships that are simply divinely orchestrated. In all, God leads us and holds it all together.

I'm learning to focus on my strengths. They are my tools for influence, as God works in and through me. I'm learning to appreciate every bit of my journey. I'm learning to be more of myself. I'm learning to be assertive. I'm learning embrace change. I'm learning to be contented. I'm learning to love. I'm learning to live.

I'm learning to bloom in my mind and in my world๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒป.

 

Comments

  1. Happy birthday darling!๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ˜˜

    ReplyDelete
  2. My birthday is on the 10th of October, guys!
    Thank you so much for the wishes. And, I apologize for the confusion the whole publishing date is causing. Amendments would be made to that effect.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts